Get 802.11ac Wi-Fi Smart
Great Wi-Fi experiences start with Intel® Wireless-AC
The new 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard delivers a quantum leap in performance over 802.11n with up to 3X faster speeds, more capacity for more devices, better performance at further distances, improved reliability for fewer dropped connections, and lower power consumption for longer battery life.
Don’t assume the 2 in 1, Ultrabook™, laptop, or all-in-one PC you are considering includes 802.11ac inside. You need to make the right installed Wi-Fi adapter choice to future-proof your device investment.
More information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1. Based on the theoretical maximum bandwidth enabled by 1x1 802.11n implementations with 1 spatial stream. Actual wireless throughput and/or range will vary depending on your specific operating system, hardware, and software configurations. Check with your PC manufacturer for details.
2. Compared to Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.
3. InstantGo* is a Microsoft Windows* operating system feature in 8.1 (known as Connected Standby in Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Windows RT).
4. Intel® Wireless Display requires an Intel Wireless Display-enabled PC, tablet, or smartphone, a compatible adapter, and a TV. 1080p and Blu-ray* or other protected content playback only available on select Intel® processors with built-in visuals enabled. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, see http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html.
5. Intel® WiFi Hotspot Assistant requires an Intel® wireless adapter, Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software v. 15.6 or later, and an Internet connection for initial setup with the Easy WiFi* network.
6. When Wi-Fi Alliance Passpoint* is available.
7. Intel® vPro™ technology is sophisticated and requires setup and activation. Availability of features and results will depend upon the setup and configuration of your hardware, software, and IT environments. To learn more visit: www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/vpro-technology-general.html.
8. Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) requires activation and a system with a corporate network connection, an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software. For notebooks, Intel AMT may be unavailable or limited over a host OS-based VPN, when connecting wirelessly, on battery power, sleeping, hibernating or powered off. Results dependent upon hardware, setup & configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-active-management-technology.html.
9. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products.
10. No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Except as provided in Intel’s Terms and Conditions of Sale for such products, Intel assumes no liability whatsoever, and Intel disclaims any express or implied warranty relating to sale and/or use of Intel products including, without limitation, liability or warranties relating to fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, or infringement of any patent, copyright, or other intellectual property right. Intel products are not intended for use in medical, lifesaving, or life-sustaining applications. Intel may make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time, without notice. For the most current product information, please visit: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-network/wireless-products.html.